Disruption has radically altered the book publishing industry and the rate of change shows no signs of slowing down. Publishers have developed a love/hate relationship with Amazon, particularly as they struggle with the mega-retailer’s annual demands for more favorable terms. The Hachette/Amazon dispute is simply the latest and most publicized example, but it certainly won’t be the last one.
Book publishers need to address their reliance on a single distribution partner by focusing on the only channel they totally control: direct-to-consumer sales. But simply offering a direct alternative isn’t the solution. Publishers must offer consumers a compelling reason to buy direct; up to now, this has been easier said than done.
To solve this problem Olive Software is pleased to announce a free webinar showing how publishers can build a compelling direct-to-consumer channel. The speakers for this event are:
- Ted Savas, Managing Director at Savas Beatie LLC
- Joe Wikert, Director of Strategy & Business Development at Olive Software
This session will show publishers how to diversify their channel strategy, become less reliant on Amazon and deliver maximum D2C results. Here are just a few of the topics we plan to cover:
- The benefits of selling direct
- How direct and indirect can coexist
- How to create exclusive, premium editions of your ebooks using Olive’s SmartLayersTM technology
- How Savas Beatie is using SmartLayers to increase direct sales of their titles
Please join us at 1:00PM ET on September 30 for this 30-minute session – click here to register now, as virtual seating is limited. We’ll save the last 10 minutes for audience Q&A, so be sure to bring your questions and learn how to apply these tools and techniques to lessen your reliance on Amazon and dramatically increase your D2C results.